[Sca-cooks] Subtelties?

Susan Laing gleep001 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 17:40:23 PDT 2001

Oh me... No solteties in the making at the moment -

I'm actually immersed in the pre-event cooking for a local Newcomers feast
(14th july), and this - coupled with the beginning of the New Financial year
in Australia (work), is taking up most of my time.

I *do* have evil plans afoot for a Baronial device soltetie - but first am
trying to locate a paper-mache rearing horse [they were *really* popular
over here a couple of years ago - the sort that you take home & paint up -
but are currently scarce as hens teeth] which will then be modified with
judicious removal of hind quarters; application of chicken wire & more
paper-mache; paint & gilding and turned into a Hippocamp  [possibly named
"Humphrey" :-p].  A paper-mache Cornicopia that sits under the rearing front
feet to complete.

The idea is for it to be a *multi-use* soltetie - with sweets etc being
dispensed from the cornicopia (sp?).

Combinded with a blue & white wavy banner carried behind it, it should rock
;-)

This is on the cards for the March Baronial event (as my bid for September
event didn't eventuate)

Mind you - I've just recently purchased a Candy making book that talks of
"Moulded & poured" sweets - and should I manage to find a little extra time
and some extra funds in the Newcomers budget, a mini-stained glassed replica
of the Baronial device, may be in the making

Mari
(wishing she could clone herself - just for the next two weeks :-p)

From: "Olwen the Odd" <olwentheodd at hotmail.com>