[Sca-cooks] Searchable Pennsic Class database

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 3 19:47:53 PDT 2001

Last year, I saw up close the gate you ask about, and had a chance to speak with the man who conceived it.  If my memory serves, it has as 1/2" playwood infrastructure, and is overlaid with foam board that has been hand carved and meticulously painted.  It is masterful in ist shading and texturing to look a heck of a lot like stonework.

niccolo difrancesco

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> --[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
Thank you for sharing Pennsic pictures.

The one of the East Kingdom gate that looked EXACTLY like a castle
portaculis.  What was it made of???  (It was fantastic!)
Phillipa