[Sca-cooks] Happy 4TH Of July!

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Thu Jul 5 08:52:12 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/5/01 10:54:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gryphon at carlsbadnm.com writes:

> I used to love the Fourth, before I moved to New Mexico.  Here in this dry
>  arid area, fireworks are legal.  So, from two weeks before the Fourth
>  throughout the remainder of the summer, our local fire fighters and police
>  have to constantly watch for brush fires, bottle rockets fill the night
>  with "the rocket's red glare," whistle and pop, and inevitably, kids get
>  burned.  I still delight in fountains, sparklers and snakes, but I
>  seriously wish the aerials were banned from all but public displays put on
>  by professionals.
>
>  Prydwen (crawling off the soap-box and strolling to the Rock and spa.)

In Virginia, only the more dense populated cities and counties like Henrico
and Richmond made non-pro, open air fireworks illegal. The more rural places
can have the fireworks. Sort of a win-lose situation for us. But fireworks
are still sold and people still fire them off, but I haven't heard of any
fires cuased by them. And with all the trees in Va, you would think there
would be fires.

Misha