[Sca-cooks] [MR] Folklife Festival

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 5 14:33:14 PDT 2001

I see they will be having these dining experiences as well as the Dinner
with Apicius.  Wasn't someone asking about the coronation feast of
Henry IV a while back.  Perhaps it was someone else.  Well, I would go to
one or more of these if I knew a way to get in for free.  The $170.00 cost
is quite prohibitive.
Olwen

A Farewell to King Midas- June 20
The Clash of Cuisines: The Meeting of Moctecuzoma and Cortes- July 25
The Coronation Feast of Henry IV of England, 1399- Aug 8

Give Me Food or Give Me Death
Dinner with Apicius, 37 A.D.
Wed., July 11, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.

First Course
Vitellian peas, Seasoned melon, Herbed cheese round
Mulsum: Spiced wine with honey

Second Course
Small flatbreads and olive paste
Patina Apiciana: The original Roman lasagna
Steamed asparagus, Marinated cucumber salad

Dessert
Patina of pears
Dates stuffed with toasted pine nuts in rosemary honey

Italian wine