[Sca-cooks] Happy 4TH Of July!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jul 5 19:13:25 PDT 2001

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> I wouldn't consider it a firecracker by any stretch but I sure do love to
> play with the "whoosh" bottle.  Take one of the old glass 5 gallon dispenser
> bottles, throw in a small amount of rubbing alcohol and swirl the bottle
> round and round and round.  Place said bottle OUTDOORS (not under a tree or
> porch roof) drop in a match and step back.  WAHOO!!

Good heavens, I hope nothing happens to a perfectly good carboy!

Last night I listened to the voice of the late Jean Shepherd speaking of
people who had moved to his home town in Indiana from Arkansas and
Oklahoma, who would play with dynamite on Independence Day. He said
they'd break off a chunk of TNT just as you might break off a piece of a
Baby Ruth bar, Scotch tape a piece of fuse to the end, light it, with
suitable flourishes of the cigar butt, and throw it. He mentioned that
they'd fish with it, too.

And then, of course, there is at least one member of this list (who
shall remain nameless) who is, I hear, fond of filling plastic leaf bags
with oxy-acetylene and lighting them ;  )

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com