[Sca-cooks] A question of Turnips...

Mastercahankyle at cs.com Mastercahankyle at cs.com
Fri Jul 6 05:56:20 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/5/01 10:36:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gleep001 at hotmail.com writes:

> Can anyone advise of their their favourite Turnip dish - other than "Turnips
> armoured in Self Defense" ?

Attached is a file from my personal cookbook I have on my 'puter.  I have
used this turnip dish several times, and very seldom do I get a large
quantify returned to the kitchen.

Kyle
--
Apple Turnips

     This recipe serves 70 gentles

     17 lbs. Turnips
     2 cups butter
     1/2 lb brown sugar
     Apple Cider enough to cover turnips (approx 2-4 gal)
     Cinnamon to taste

Cut turnips to bite size pieces. Cover with cider, add the
butter and brown sugar and mix well. Simmer for 45 minutes to
1 hour. Stir gently to ensure turnips are cooked evenly. When
finished, put turnips in serving bowls ( or whatever ) and
add some of the sauce that they cooked in (do not completely
cover ) and then sprinkle with cinnamon.