[Sca-cooks] Creme Brulee

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Tue Jul 10 19:45:15 PDT 2001

I'm treating my shire to creme brulee this week and I just got a wonderin'
about "period" creme brulee.  Not that I wouldn't do it if it weren't
appropriate for "period", just kinda curious.  When were the first mentions
of creme brulee?  Where did they appear?  I seem to vaguely remember that
Careme did them, but I may be completely off base.  Careme being somewhat
OOP in any case.

I'm going to follow the Repertoire de la cuisine from Gringoire and
Saulnier on this one.  And Finnebhir, if you read this, I'm not gonna burn
the darn thing this time :-)  (last time I was planning on this, I did way
too many things at the same time, thought of several different things at
the same time, and just plain shoudn't have done it!)

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout