[Sca-cooks] Royal Buffet post-mortem

mike young uther at lcc.net
Wed Jul 11 11:32:42 PDT 2001

Gunthar,
This is what I noticed from my vantage point as an "eater":)  I tried
everything because I'm always interested to try different cook's dishes.
I didn't eat much of the carrot salad or chicken because although they were
good, I eat simular dishes for dinner.
I don't like lentils.
I couldn't see eating much of the camelyne sauce when those wonderful
mustard and pepper sauces were there.  I like it hot, better than sweet...

> > The carrot salad, lentils, chicken and camelyne sauce
> were practically untouched. They were all very tasty
> and I'm not sure why they weren't eaten.
>
> I didn't eat as much of any of it as I would have liked because I didn't
know if all the Royals had been in and, well, not being a Royal, wanted to
make sure there was plenty left if many people hadn't eaten.

The food was left out for hungry courtiers
> to grab when they had the chance. It seems that nobody
> wanted to fill the plates I had provided. I've usually
> not had this problem with buffets before so was surprised
> that only "finger foods" were eaten.

The Royal's area was very much removed from everything so I'm also afraid
anyone who was up there(except for the babysitting )was on their way to the
main hall and that's why they grabbed the finger foods...in a hurry to get
somewhere else.

I thought your display was beautiful.  I've always loved the Gargoyle.  The
rose water was  a perfect touch.
Looking forward to trying your next project!
gwyneth