[Sca-cooks] Sharks and sushi

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Jul 12 05:55:27 PDT 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Yup.  It's called "scattered" sushi and there is a Tokyo style as well as a
Kyoto style.  I am told by some Japanese exchange students that this form of
sushi probably is period.  The Japanese name is chirazushi.

Kiri (sitting here with her mouth watering for some sushi...)

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 7/11/01 6:39:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
margali at 99main.com writes:

> Isn't there a form that is
>  a container of the vinegared rice with the fishy bits scattered
>  on top and no seaweed? Yep.

Anybody know what it is called? Can't think of it right now

Sushi was popular during the Edo period of Japan. Sort of healthy fast food.
I've seen it done with eggs, vegetables, raw fish, and other things. Nigiri
is sushi with the raw fish placed on top. Is there a Japanese name for the
rolls or is that just call a roll? And how would you describe sashimi?

Misha
Who hungers for some shrimp nigiri