[Sca-cooks] victoria

Elysant1 at aol.com Elysant1 at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 16:41:43 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/2/01 8:58:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< Victoria sponge is a product from which Victoria Sandwiches, as well as
 several other things (trifle, lamingtons, petits fours, etc), can be
 made, although once upon a time it was used exclusively for Victoria
 Sandwiches >>

I'm lost here Master A. :-(  I always thought a Victoria Sandwich was called
that because it was jam sandwiched between two layers of cake....

It is a spongey type round cake and one serves it in triangular slices just
like with any other round cake.  I've never heard of Victoria sandwiches (as
in little individual finger food type thingies). :-0    On another note, I
have seen this same VS batter made into cup cakes and used for things like
"butterfly cakes".

Elysant