[Sca-cooks] Black beans and rice sides

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jul 12 23:41:58 PDT 2001

Phlip replied to Giano with:
> > And you're never wrong with garlic.
>
> You GOTTA be fairly new to the List ;-) Most folks
> here know I eat garlic as a vegetable. Personally, I
> think it ought to be assigned its own food group ;-)
>
> > Giano

Giano, there are apparently more than just Phlip and I on this list who
find it difficult to say you can have too much garlic.

For some comments on garlic and some period recipes, take a look at
this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of the Florilegium:
garlic-msg        (43K)  1/12/01    Medieval use of garlic. Garlic storage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/garlic-msg.html
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net