[Sca-cooks] Plum loco

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 17 09:32:07 PDT 2001

Æddie wrote:

> <snippage>
> >Plum vinegar [now there's a potential jalab!], plum brandy, plum vodka,
> >I'm plumb tired out already and the tree hardly looks like I've been
> >picking.  Any more ideas, period recipes or such?
> >
> >Selene the rosy-fingered
>
> I know I'm going to get in trouble for this but.....  "Battle Plum Part 2"
> in August?
>
> Æduin

Well, I thought of that last year obviously, but the plum trees didn't produce
much fruit last year.  It's sort of a bi-annual thing I guess.  I have another
ingredient in mind for Ironic Chef next month, to be announced after the
contestants get it.  Will be fun.

Dad cut off the drooping branches last night.  I'm doing salvage today, some
plums but mostly nice fruitwood for smoking and BBQ!  Don't worry, I've got
enough red plummy goodness so that you can acquire the stain tomorrow.  [I'm
not sure whether I'm referencing Lady Macbeth or Dune here, both I guess.]
Bring freezer containers.

Selene