[Sca-cooks] Pennsic fantasies

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Tue Jul 17 21:19:48 PDT 2001

>> I have always wanted to rent a big old school bus and
>> a big old truck with plenty of space for everyone's

Some old, old, old-timers from Calontir still talk of the
Vatavian War Bus. Some people from Vatavia had a big
school bus that they used frequently for long road trips.
One year they took it to Pennsic: it was loaded inside with
people and a lot of baggage - and, on both outside sides were
taped the really long pole-arms, some extending past the
radiator; on the roof, ditto; and over the radiator were
a couple of the Mark I scutums/warshields (only place
they'd go, really. . . )
As it turned into St. Aidan's Square, which was at that point
where troll was, the Pennsic Marshall just happened to
be walking by. He came over; smacked each shield a
couple of times, examined the foam over each of the spears
and polearms, and rattled them to be sure they were on
securely - and proceded to put an official "Passed Inspection"
sticker on the windshield. . .

Alban