[Sca-cooks] Marzipan

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 18 07:55:28 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----

    I was down to my last 25 lbs or so, so when I

went to Restaurant Depot the other day I bought another 14 lbs. of
almond

paste.  ...yes, the cooks guild thinks I'm nuts:-\

You don't make your own!!!! Shocked to hell....

Finnebhir

Last night I tried making peach pits with commercial almond paste.  It
looked just as good, and was easier to handle than my homemade, BUT the flavor
was very different.  The commercial paste has such a strong almond flavor
that the cinnamon got lost.

Brighid ni Chiarain

--- Robin Carroll-Mann

--- rcmann4 at earthlink.net