[Sca-cooks] Pennsic food

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 18 12:43:13 PDT 2001

>On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Angie Malone wrote:
>

>Pasta is period. It's the tomato sauce which is questionable. ;-)
>  >

Yes, dear I know pasta is period, i was referring to the tomato sauce.

>  >
>>  I've never canned meat before but I've heard it's tricky.  Although
>>  I've also heard people say home canning is dangerous and tricky, and
>>  ate my mothers canned food for 25 years and never got sick.
>>

>Not physically sick, anyway. Hi, Ang! [waves] :-)

If I have any sickness I caught it from you! :)  (Hi Pixel!)

>Ok, here's the deal. N19 is on the other side of Pennsic from the
>source of ice--it's right underneath the parking lot on the highway
>side--and I want to avoid a cooler full of frozen meat as much as
>possible. Heck, I'd like to skip the whole cooler thing entirely, but,
>since both of us will be being retinue, and we will both be spending a
>certain amount of time on the fighting field, we just won't have the time
>or the energy to cook.

Is that the same place you were the last time you were at Pennsic?  I
am still camped down in the Bog, so I don't really notice the
dragging the ice down from the store.  I have to admit I have no idea
what our alpha numeric address is.  I know I am right around the
corner from where the SPCA (was Caer Frig ) cooks are.

Wow, you should hire yourselves a cook, no I'm not volunteering.
Pennsic is my vacation where I am in charge of my time and I decide
what I am doing minute by minute.