[Sca-cooks] Re: Trifle (?OOP) was victoria

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 14:54:41 PDT 2001

--- Elysant1 at aol.com wrote:
?

> BTW Does anyone have a recipe for a Chocolate
> trifle?
> (Sorry for the OOP bandwidth)
>
> Elysant - who obviously does like trifley kinds of
> things..... ;-)

Not a traditional one, but one that is quick and easy.
Although it has a lot of instant stuff, it really
tastes great and is very popular with my friends and
family.

Huette

Quick Chocolate Trifle

2 3 1/2 or 3 1/4 oz. Dark Chocolate instant pudding
  mixes
2 envelopes Dream Whip or powdered whipped topping mix
4 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream, unwhipped
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 3 oz. packages lady fingers or 6 oz. chocolate pound
  cake sliced into strips, 1/4"x1"x4"
2 pint baskets fresh strawberries, cleaned and
quartered, or equivalent fresh fruit of choice
1 cup creme de cacao liqueur

Mix pudding mix, Dream Whip, milk, whipping cream, and
vanilla extract in bowl until dry ingredients are
moistened.  Set mixer at high speed and mix until soft
peaks are formed.

Take ladyfingers and halve them and slowly pour
liqueur over them.  Immediately place 1/2 of them on
sides and bottom of flat-sided glass serving bowl.
Spoon in 1/2 of pudding mixture on top of ladyfingers.
 Spoon 1/2 of fruit on top of pudding.  Place the rest
of the ladyfingers on top of fruit and sides of bowl.
Spoon rest of pudding on top of ladyfingers.  Spoon
rest of fruit on top of pudding.  Chill 1 hour in
refrigerator before serving.

Serves at least 8-12 depending on size of serving.

=====
shall never cease to be amused.