[Sca-cooks] online glossary

Fri Jul 20 12:12:29 PDT 2001

Cantarides appears as an gloss in Culpepper's herbal beside the entry on
oak.  It appears to be a reference to a physical ailment.

There is also what appears to be a transcription of a medieval text (French)
describing cantarides, probably Lytta vesicatoria.  Unfortunately, my French
is non-existent and I can only pick out a few phrases.

http://www.uhb.fr/alc/medieval/cuba1/cubac.htm

Bear