[Sca-cooks] People at Pennsic

Marian Rosenberg Marian at therosenbergfamilies.net
Fri Jul 20 17:04:07 PDT 2001

Reformatted rearranged post

Margali said:

> any chance of that apple cake breakfast recipe?

There wasn't really a recipe.  I can ask him if he remembers exactly how
he did it.  It was based, very loosely, on something he read off of a
handout (that there weren't enough of for him to get one) at the period
breakfast class about scrambled eggs with apples and dough.  I seem to
recall it being Jiffy corn bread mix and chopped apples and lots of eggs
with some Pennsic milk.

WARNING now comes some OOP OT stuff about my leg

> Congrats at getting out of the chair [at least most of the time?]!

I've been sans wheelchair since just post Pennsic XXIX.  (Just when I
was getting really good at it!)

For three months they rented me this absolutely wretched electric
scooter with terrible maneuvering and no speed (top speed 4.25 mph on
absolutely fresh batteries on smooth tile) to get around college.   Hard
to believe one of those things goes for $1800!

I graduated out of the leg brace and to using a cane December 20 or
thenabouts (what a nice Hanukkah present!).

I was getting very very good at walking and walking long distances when
they took the screws out (Jun 28).  That put me back on crutches for
most of a week.

One of the four surgical wounds went septic :( and I'll be nice and not
explain to the list any more about that cause some people might have
eaten recently.

The current condition involves a bandage and a whole lot of ouch (like
fingernails running up and down and skinned knee) every time the bandage
or my skin or my muscle moves.  And to make matters more irritating
there is a nerve near enough to this wound that every so often my brain
processes the information from it as my whole leg being scraped and raw
ouch.

-M