[Sca-cooks] All the King's Cooks

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Sat Jul 21 13:09:35 PDT 2001

I just went to Amazon.com to look for _All the King's Cooks_ and found it
for $36.00 with a shipping wait time of 4-6 weeks because it is a "special
order".  They I went to Amazon.uk (United Kingdom for those who don't order
on-line much).  They have it for a little over 16 pounds ($22.87 today) and
it ships within two to four days.  Better yet, the same publisher is coming
out with it in paper-back in September for 10.39 pounds ($14.29) and you can
pre-order it.
Postage for Airmail is 4.95 (about 7.15) which brings them up to $30 for the
hardback, which you can get right away, or $21.44 for the paper back if you
are willing to wait.  Either way if you can save if you can order from them.
They take credit card, debit cards, and checks (cheques, they call them
:-)).  If a book is available from Amazon.com AND Amazon.uk I always
compare.  Frequently, if they are first published in the UK they are cheaper
and more available there.  Delivery is usually 5-7 working days via Air
Mail, which is cheaper, and I've been very happy with them.

For folks who are interested in things that might have been published in
Germany, France or Japan there are options for them too.

Regina Romsey

In lists.sca.sca-cooks, you wrote:
>If this were the best of all possible worlds, and y'all were
>faced with the chance to build the best of all possible sites
>for SCA usage, what would the best of all possible kitchens
>be like?

Without doubt, I would like to have the kitchens from Hampton Court
Palace in the reign of Henry VIII.  See Peter Brears' "All the King's
Cooks" for an entire book about them.

Yours,

Katherine

--
Lady Katherine Robillard  (mka Kirrily "Skud" Robert)
katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/