[Sca-cooks] 'A cooked dish of lentils'

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 22 12:03:20 PDT 2001

>So, in pursuit of Pennsic food we were going to try the Cooked Dish of
>Lentils from the Miscellany. It doesn't say to pre-soak the lentils, which
>confused me. Is this assumed, or do you really start out with dry lentils?
>
>-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

I've never soaked lentils and they've cooked in a reasonable amount
of time, depending on how soft you like them - and i like mine pretty
soft, but i've only made about a quart of cooked lentils at a time.
If you're planning on making a much larger quantity, i guess soaking
it would make cooking time shorter.

Anahita / Subaytila