[Sca-cooks] Chocolate (was Corn Bread)

Gwynydd Of Culloden gwynydd_of_culloden at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 13:52:22 PDT 2001

> -----Original Message-----
> From:  Anahita / Subaytila

Thank you so much for this help.  Using pre-pounded cocoa, it really does
look like it might be nice and easy, if I can just find all the ingredients
I need.  I could probably get away with copha (a coconut solid shortening,
commonly used in making chocolate crackles) in a pinch.  I am looking
forward to trying this out.

Do you know if achiote adds any very distinctive flavour as well as the
colour?  I have never seen it for sale anywhere here, I don't think
(although, I will ask at the local spice shop) so I wonder if I can get away
with not using it.

I think your interpretation of "shortness" makes sense.

Gwynydd