[Sca-cooks] Spectrum Coconut Oil

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 24 14:51:00 PDT 2001

A word about Spectrum coconut oil.  We carry this product, and have it on
the shelves of our Health and Beauty section.   We had a customer come in
and buy it, and then be concerned whether she could use it for food.  She
called Spectrum and they told her that while yes, it was food grade, it was
processed with hexane, a petroleum derivative, and a substance that folks
using natural foods might want to avoid.  While going through a Spectrum
training last week, I asked the reps about this, and they promised to check
with the chemists at the plant and let me know.  I have heard nothing back
from them yet.
Just a word for the wise.
Christianna