[Sca-cooks] re: Lemon Syrup

margali margali at 99main.com
Wed Jul 25 09:26:53 PDT 2001

Splenda cook sok, but is not a texturizer like sugar. Check out
naturesflavors.com, they sell syrups for sno-cones that are great
in ice water as a jalab, as well as 'spring water' flavor
additives. I buy the unflavored acid syrup base and add it 1:1 to
the knudsen's 100% pure cranberry squeezings [and believe me,
there is no way anybody can dring 100 % pure cranberry squeezings
- it has to be cut at least by half with plain water to get to a
palatable state, and plenty of sweetening added. I use the syrup
base to make a non-cooked cranberry 'jalap' syrup to cut into
drinkable state with suitable dillution.] I see no reason that
you can't just use their neutral syrup base to an equal amount of
simmered lemon juice to make lemonade jalab syrup.

On the other hand, I just got back from my favorite middle
eastern market and was talking with the persian woman who ownes
it and found a new drink to try - willow water with a few drops
of rose water in iced water with pinch of a little seed that
looks like an oval nt-quite-a-poppy-seed. She also says that her
village doesn't drink sekanjabin, they use it as a dip for
romaine lettuce as a snack or dessert! You learn something new
every day [and they make an equivalent of flaky pastry to use in
place of al qata'if!]
margali
~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here: