Aging meat (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Spices and Cooking (oop)

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Jul 25 13:10:42 PDT 2001

I always thought that buying meat from the butcher shops
in England took some getting used to... When we were there
in 1984-85, the meat would lay out in just ordinary non-cooler cases
for the day. The larger supermarkets had the meat in cool/cold cases
as in the states. Then of course if one really wanted the medieval
market experience, you could buy meats and fish from the open air
markets. Some were on ice,, but not all.
But this was prior to mad cow and hoof and mouth...

Johnnae llyn Lewis

Johnna Holloway