[Sca-cooks] Heron

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Fri Jul 27 14:54:09 PDT 2001

>The heron being a water-loving bird, I should think that a large,
>well-defatted duck would work well.  My opinion, your milege may vary,
>heron back again <pun intended!>

Lovely pun, thank you :-)

I admit, heron is not one of the many wild meats I've tried.  It does seem
like a good idea though.  Removing the fat of the duck is likely to be
important, given the different ways ducks and heron "hang out".  Ducks
actually swin, where I think (could be wrong) that herons tend to wade in
water without immersing their body as the ducks do.

Nicolas
http://www.bmee.net