[Sca-cooks] Measurement Questions

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Fri Jul 27 22:07:08 PDT 2001

>Can anyone on this list recommend a source that explains Medieval systems of
>measurement {and hopefully equates them to modern measurements}?  I'm way
>behind on reading the digests, so if this has already been discussed
>recently I apologize.

Can't speak for accuracy or completeness (I've never used 'em myself), but
there were two Complete Anachronists on Metrology (not Meteorology, the
study of weather, but Metrology, the study of metrics or measurements).
95 and 96? 96 and 97? somewhere in the 90's. The SCA Stock Clerk has
them for, umm, $4.50 or so.

Alban