[Sca-cooks] Mattress sacks for Pennsic

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 29 22:23:25 PDT 2001

Inga Guthbrandsdottir replied to me with:
> What a great idea!  Is one straw bale enough to stuff a double size futon
> cover?  How about a queen or king size?  What do you do with the straw when
> you leave Pennsic?

Well, we'll see. I hope so. The single bale was more than I could use
in the single size sack and even leaving some of it out, it made a big
pillow shape about two feet high in the middle until I'd slept on it
some and squished it down some.

I'm not even sure how big a queen or king size is, so I can't say.

The $5/bale fee covers the cost of removing the bale at the end of
Pennsic. They don't want you burning it.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net