[Sca-cooks] Translation Criteria - long

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 08:32:41 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/27/01 11:51:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com writes:

<< While this criteria is
 > specifically drawn up for Calontir competitions, I thought it
 > would be good to get feedback from you folks, and also just to share. >>

And what would be the period criteria for translations?. Not to dis Calontir
(or any other kingdom) but- such criteria smack not a little of 'modern'
scholarship thrusting its head into what should be (according to Corpora)
education about pre-17th century western culture........ A more appropriate
criteria would be based on period practices, IMO, rather than modern
'university' standards.

Also the requirement for typing, etc. automatically eliminates the entry
which was well researched and written on parchment as would have been done in
most of period. <sigh>

Ras