[Sca-cooks] Period Ices/Sorbets/Cold Treats?

Katheline van Weye kat_weye at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 13:49:01 PDT 2001

I come from a very hot part of Atenveldt and I've been
trying to introduce people to more period food (mainly
using recipes from _Pleyn Delit_, _Take a Thousand
Eggs_, and _Early French Cookery_).  At a recent
sweltering fighter practice I thought, "Wouldn't it be
great if I brought some period cold treats for people
to munch and cool down with?"  The problem is, I don't
know any recipes for period cold treats.  Or if they
even exist.

Are there any recipes for period ices/sorbets/cold
treats?

Thank you for your help.

Yours in service,
Katheline van Weye

Quarterly vert and purpure, a tulip slipped and leaved
Or.