[Sca-cooks] Period Ices/Sorbets/Cold Treats?

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 11:05:39 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/30/01 8:53:11 PM Central Daylight Time, tsersen at nni.com
writes:

<< I have read, and would *love* to get this confirmed, that the Italians
 would drag ice down from the mountains, chip it and serve it on the
 street with fruit juice.  Basically a period Sno-Kone.  Does anyone here
 know if there is any truth to this?  'Twould be way cool if there is...
 pun intended :)

 -Magdalena vander Brugghe

Actually we've discussed this not that long ago. But yes they did, and did
also make granita and sorbetti con crema, and possibly gelato as well. I
can't remember what the reference that I cited was though.
Finnebhir