[Sca-cooks] Brewing question, was OT: Trip to Ireland

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Mon Jul 30 09:33:55 PDT 2001

>Tangentially, I'm beginning to take my first baby steps into brewing
>[as opposed to macerating cordials] by making a fermented fruit pot out
of all
>those $%^&  plums from my parents' tree.  The plums have not much solid
>matter left, the yeast seems to have calmed down and the purple fluid in
the >bucket is just a little scary.  I'll brave the peril sometime soon.

  As an extremely novice brewer (Knowne World Handbook, first ed. mead
recipes, 12-15 years ago) are you being serious or facetious?  I have a
similar problem with pears, and was trying to figure out how I'm going to
cope with a tree's worth ... If you are talking about a period
recipe/technique, could you post it, please?

   Thanks!

    Elizabeth