[Sca-cooks] Cherries (Long)

Barbara Evans mathilde at borg.com
Sun Jun 3 14:55:46 PDT 2001

Since we were discussing what sort of cherries worked best for Kiri's
Another Crust of Tame Creatures, I looked up some information on them. What
I concluded was that, although the sweet cherry varieties we use in the U.S.
today are not period, they may not be all that different from sweet cherries
used in period. The sour cherries we use may be period; I was unable to find
documentation for Montmorency cherries to our period, and would appreciate
hearing from anyone with more information.

Mathilde