[Sca-cooks] galingale

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jun 3 22:16:47 PDT 2001

Well, this is the first time I've had powdered galingale to try. Years
ago, I had bought some of the dried chips stuff, but I apparently lost
it somewhere before I figured out how I was going to grind it. Then
when I was next at Pennsic the Pepper's Guild had Powder Forte and
since that was what I wanted to galingale for, I bought theirs instead.

Since then I've seen other recipes that called for galengale alone, so
I've wanted more just in case. I can't remember if I bought some powdered
galengale at last Pennsic or not. If I did, well, now I have more. It
was fairly cheap.

Stefan

(For those new to this group, galingale in its chip form has a
reputation of distroying normal spice grinders. See the galangale-msg file
in the Florilegium for more details.)

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net