[Sca-cooks] Vehling's Apicius

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 12:39:10 PDT 2001

Hello List,

Just thought I'd mention that I  got my copy of
Vehling's Apicius from Poison Pen Press.  Great
condition, and speedy delivery.  Thanks, Devra.

Is it just me, or does it seem like this book, though
it was written many centuries before some of the other
popular period cookbooks, contains more precise
information, measurements, and technical direction
than most of the books written later in period?  Or,
is this a product of an astute and intuitive
translator?  I have not had an opportunity to read any
other translations.  Comments, anyone?

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
Let the people hate, as long as they also fear.