[Sca-cooks] Cooking Basics for Drake

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 09:19:22 PDT 2001

Hello List,

availability of good beginning-to-professional cooking
resources, I would like to offer up "The New
Professional Chef" by the Culinary Institute of
America,  "Professional Cooking" by Wayne Glissen, and
"The Art of Garde Manger" by Franz Sonnenschmidt.  The
three of these textbooks, combined, illuminate almost
every skill a beginning cook will need, and will help
to hone the skills of the professional.  If you want
to put the finishing touches on the list, pick up
"Professional Baking", also by Glissen.  With the
exception of Sonnenschmidt's book, these are all
text-book style tomes which begin with the rudimentary
basics, and progress from there.  The techniques you
learn early in the books are all brought into use as
you progress through the lessons.  I highly recommend
them.

By the way...if you buy any of these second-hand, and
you find my mundane name on the inside cover, please
don't hesitate to contact me.  With the exception of
Sonnenschmidt's book, all of these were stolen from me
by a jealous Exec Chef... :)

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
Let the people hate, as long as they also fear.