[Sca-cooks] Vegetarian Feasts

Anne du Bosc mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 11:44:23 PDT 2001

Lady Heloise wrote:
>>I posted a question about vegetarian feast
ideas,
but
it seems no one saw it (I think it was
overshadowed by
the hilarious beer posts).

I am interested in planning a vegetarian feast,
and
I'd like to document the occasion as well as the
dishes.  I thought of advertising it as Lenten
feast
(though the event will most likely not be during
Lent)
or a we-can't-eat-meat-on-Friday theme.  Perhaps
in
the spirit of "doing as they might have done"
there
could be a royal declaration that, due to plague
or
something, no one will eat meat.  Something like
that.

Any thoughts?

In your service,
Lady Heloise<<

Deares Lady Heloise,

This is a topic that has been discussed many,
many times on this list in the past few years.  I
am sure that Stefan's Florithingy probably has a
great deal of discussion on it.  That's where I
would check first if I were you.  To start, I'd
go to www.florilegium.org and click on the
Food-Vegetables link.
Good luck,

=====
Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook
Apprentice to Mistress Ealasaid nic Suibhne
Pevensey Hall
Barony of Atenveldt
Kingdom of Atenveldt