[Sca-cooks] Re: Inexpensive feast.

Ruth Frey ruthf at uidaho.edu
Fri Jun 8 12:49:27 PDT 2001

> I'm willing to collect this together, and report back in about a month.
> Remember that tight cost control is required. My step-Mom has agreed to do
> the RFQ, provided it's not too strange. She does not speak .."SCA-Cook".
> Her store/deli is a bit isolated, not unlike "The Canton" [ really... on
> Eastern Shore, Virginia]. There is a major grocery stocking centre [ she
> uses] about a hour up the road. Between these two places, I will be able to
> get some real world pricing.
> ruadh at home.com
> Ru

	This may be a bit more involved than you want to
get, but . . . our Empire of Adria group has started a
yahoogroups site for those interested in cooking/herbalism/
etc.  The Duchess of our local group has just posted the
"kitchen script" for our recent Northrealms Banner war
there -- no costs given, but it does have good stuff on
kitchen setup, volunteers, courses,some  recipes, etc., and
if you were to need more info on anything, we'd be happy to
help out.  The feast cost was about twice what you're looking
at ($8), but it also had about twice the number of courses.
The food went over well (except the carrots -- even adults
don't want their veggies, it seems!), was inexpensive, and
the feast and food concessions made us a *lot* of cash
without need for exorbitant prices.
	To get at the script, you need to go to:

	Type in "Adria-Alchemy" in the "Join a group"
box.  It should pull the group up.  Enter the group
site, and click "join/subscribe".  At that point, if
you don't have a yahoo account already, you'll need to
register one, but that's pretty fast.  At that point,
you'll be able to officially "join" and gain access to'
everything.
	The script is in the "Files" section (left-hand
toolbar), along with some files we're just starting to
fill with recipes and ideas from the group (brewing,
cooking, etc.) -- not a lot there, but it's growing.
	If you don't want to stay in the group, it's
easy to unsubscribe, or you're welcome to hang out and
chat.  :)  Same goes for any interested parties here,
really.  :)

		-- Dame Ruth Freebourne
		 (Thanks for the belt, Selene! :) ).