[Sca-cooks] picnic baskets

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Jun 12 16:23:51 PDT 2001

Lars commented:
> Back to cold period soups and such. BTW, we are having a picnic affair later
> this month to celebrate the end of June in the barony. No refrigeration or
> ways to provide refigeration (including ice chests) due to the fact that the
> picnic baskets brought will be on display for auction and set out to be
> looked at. So, I'm wondering what would be some nice light fare that could be
> packaged up and included in a basket...and left in weather for about an hour
> or so (we are currently running 105-110 here in mid-day)?

Perhaps this new file in the FEASTS section of the Florilegium might
have some ideas you can use:
picnic-feasts-msg (10K)  5/ 2/01    Ideas for light, picnic style
feasts.

Or maybe this one in the FOOD section:
finger-foods-msg  (21K)  6/ 7/01    Ideas for finger foods at feasts and
events.

If you have access to a pizzelle iron, then wafers could be a nice,
decorative addition to such baskets. In the FOOD-BREADS section:
wafers-msg        (72K)  3/30/01    Period savory and sweet wafers.
Recipes.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net