[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Sekanjabin

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Tue Jun 19 10:09:18 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/19/01 1:36:27 AM, Etain1263 at aol.com writes:

<< I'm also experimenting with various mints in sekanjabin.  Does anyone use
the honey/vinegar method?  (rather than the sugar one?)  I'm interested in
what proportions are used >>
I use that method.  I use 3:1. and I simmer it all day on a low flame. It
gets very thick.

I then pack up small containers(like ziplocks) and keep them in the freezer
so when I need a quick drink, I add it to water to taste (They WILL NOT
FREEZE, but they stay nice and cold).

With the mint garden slowly spreading into the lawn,sekanjabin is a usual
item in my menu in the summer.

(PS. I find spearmint is the best. Not too intense. But I also have
peppermint as well)

Andrea