[Sca-cooks] Period Preservation Tech.

gtaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Jun 19 12:09:06 PDT 2001

Hello.

I'm putting together a talk on period food preservation techniques for
the Alexandrian Symposium.  I've several books, but would appreciate
further info/references.  I'm also looking for period food-related
horror stories.  Does anybody know of any historic food poisoning
anecdotes?  I'm imagining that folks were pretty careful,
pre-antibiotics (except for those antibiotics that grew naturally in
ham...but that's another story)...but am keeping my fingers crossed.  Of
course, there's always Ergot...but someone is teaching an independent
class on that..

Isobel