[Sca-cooks] Need Reference info

Mastercahankyle at cs.com Mastercahankyle at cs.com
Mon Jun 25 06:45:51 PDT 2001

Greetings to the list,

Next Year, either Memorial Weekend or the weekend of May 31-June 2, I will be
cooking a special feast for Montevale's Annual Stag event.  I am currently
looking for a good source for Spanish Cooking from 15th to the early 17th
century.

The idea behind the feast is a ship's voyage. The 1st remove will be tasty
food on the day of departure, 2nd remove will be food after being at sea the
first week of the voyage (fresh ship's biscuits, boiled pork, cabbage, etc.),
3rd remove will be food served during the last week of the voyage (stored
ships biscuits, chickpea, dried fish and possibly beef jerky), and then the
4th remove will be food upon arrival in port which will be East Indian or
Oriental Food.

If we do the long weekend I will also be cooking a second feast which will be
a liberty feast (those of you who are ex-sea service will understand
'"liberty") which will more than likely be of Spanish or English nature, I
haven't thought that through yet.  It may even be a mixture of dishes from
several different "ports of call" countries.

Anyway, I do not have a Spanish source in my cookbook collection so I would
like suggestions for a good Spanish source.

Also, Oh great Odd One, I am still waiting for the recipe of that pie from
Garb Wars which my Lady liked so much. In fact we would like copies of all
the recipes you did for Garb Wars.

I S

Baron Master Cahan Kyle