[Sca-cooks] Beet recipes

Jennifer Thompson JenniferT at ptb.com
Wed Jun 27 07:34:56 PDT 2001

> > for some reason it turned up yesterday amongst the scribal
> stuff, and I have no idea why.
>
> > Margaret FitzWilliam

Because the fates watch over fools and small children and they were laughing
as I bought another two cans of beets yesterday. 8-) But yes, please, send
the recipe. I do like beets. Though I think with this batch, I'll try the
Lombardy tarts. Sounds interesting and I'm fairly sure I have all the
ingredients.

> >From ruadh:
>
> >Kool-Aid common dye.  Look in trash can for left-over package...

Oh no, this was a couple of weeks ago. Now all I have is useless empty beet
cans. Plus, then I had a whole line of bowls with various concoctions -
easter egg dyes, several colorways of KoolAid, the blinkin' beet juice,
along the counter. I give thanks for a patient hubby.

> >Smurf Blue was developed for dyers, Smurf-ism was added by the market
place.

So Kool Aid, as a company, recognizes that we are a significant part of its
market? I'll have to find Smurf Blue. I saw a something-berry, but no
smurfs. Not, that I *want* to see smurfs, mind you.....

> >Ask the local kids what flavours of  "Red" you serve.

Would you believe we don't drink it? My mom finally pinned down her
headaches to Red 40 which is in practically *everything* and especially in
red licorice. Her keep-it-in-the-office-to-hide-it treat. So I'm a little
sensitive about such foods. Though we probably will when my son is old
enough to taste it elsewhere. Right now (he's fourteen months) I control his
diet, so he eats healthier than we do. Well, except for grass on walks. And
Cheerios that escape under the couch.

However, thanks to all for input, advice, corrections, and recipes. 8-)

Lann the inept and horribly mundane