[Sca-cooks] OT-freezing hummos, etc.

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 27 18:02:36 PDT 2001

At June Crown, just this past weekend, i camped with several other
Near Easterners. We all brought food to share. I have a whole bunch
left over, and have begun a low-carbohydrate diet and can't eat
several items i had gotten for other people to eat.

So, can i freeze hummos? baba ganouj (a spread/dip of eggplant,
tahini, and other stuff)?

Then there's stuff that i can eat, just not as much as i have: fresh
cilantro and fresh mint - can i freeze them? I heard once about doing
greens and water in a blender then freezing them into ice cubes... Is
there some other way?

I made a batch of ajo blanco and have almost 2 liters left. Can i freeze it?

I'll just have to give away the grapes, oranges, and carrots, since i
assume freezing carrots myself will result in a vastly degraded
outcome...

Thanks for any help,
Anahita