[Sca-cooks] A Question

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Jun 4 12:41:07 PDT 2001

I haven't heard of doing that, but I do have a question along these lines for
everyone.  Some years ago, I was given a wonderful recipe for a very mild form
of kimchee, I think it may have been Vietnamese, as it came from a fellow who
had served there.  The thing that made it a bit different, apart from the
mildness of it (which made it so that I could eat it!!!) was that it used
szechuan pepper instead of one of the many types of red pepper/paprika/red
pepper flakes, etc.  Therefore, it didn't have that reddish appearance.

If anyone has heard of this and has the recipe, I'd love to have it again.  It's
be really great for Pennsic...if I start it now.

Thanks in advance!

Kiri