[Sca-cooks] polenta

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Jun 5 07:50:10 PDT 2001

Actually, it's not a lot different from the thing my mom used to make for
breakfast sometimes.  She'd take left-over grits, put them into a glass
baking pan overnight in the frig.  Then she'd cut it into bars and fry it
(I think, in bacon drippings).  We'd eat it the same way, with jam or
syrup.  The only difference is either corn mush or grits...and that's not
much of a difference!  (And this was a southern thing...Mom being from
south Georgia)

Kiri