Sichuan Pickled CabbageRe: [Sca-cooks] A Question

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Jun 5 07:07:49 PDT 2001

Similar, but somewhat different.  As I recall, the one I was given called for layering
Chinese cabbage (napa) with the peppercorns and possibly onions (can't be certain
here).  Then a brine, probably water boiled with salt and vinegar was poured over it
and it was allowed to pickle/ferment for (again I'm having memory problems) at least a
month.  It didn't have any chili flakes or red pepper in it at all.

thanks, though.  I may give this one a try for Pennsic...my lord loves kimchee, and he
will probably like this one!

Kiri