[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #126 - 18 msgs

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 5 10:26:15 PDT 2001

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 5-Jun-101 Re: [Sca-cooks] Re:
Sca-coo.. by "Olwen the Odd"@hotmail.

> >I remember back when doing semi-pro street-bike [motorcycle] racing [
> >AAMRR-
> >1970's + 80's], a beer from Waltham, Mass. "Guaranteed to be the Bottom of
> >the Barrel" ,,,, it says so on the can. it is/was called Froth & Slosh. we
> >bought it by the pallet load for use at various tracks that we raced in the
> >Northeast US. It was a free hand out for the helpers who 'toasted' all day
> >on the 1 to 2 mile road tracks.

Are you sure about the "Waltham MA?" part?  Old Frothingslosh is a beer
traditionaly produced by the Iron City Brewing Company in Pittsburgh,
PA, "The pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom", and a picture of
"Miss Frothingslosh", an oversized, applechecked (in more ways than one)
model in the appropriate cheesecake pose and costume on the can.
They've been doing this, with a new picture for around 30 years now.

toodles, margaret