[Sca-cooks] weird recipes - by Lady Serian

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jun 5 21:44:56 PDT 2001

Ras commented:
> In a message dated 6/5/01 2:38:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, serian at qwest.net
> writes:
> << Remedy for deafness
>  Take the urine in a bowl of earth that is not glass.  >>
>
> This really is not 'wierd' at all. As a child whenever anyone got earaches
> they were made to  urinate in a clean jar and then 3 drops of the resulting
> urine (e.g. person with the earache) would be put in the sufferer's ear which
> would then be stopped with cotton. As a person with 8 brothers and sisters,
> where earache was not unusual, I can attest that once this cure was done, the
> person who recieved never had another earache again.

Or at least they never admitted they had an earache again. :-)

Actually, a cure I've found for swimmer's ear and other ear problems
that works well, and this came originally from our pediatrician, is:
A 50-50 mixture of alcohol and vinegar. The idea being that the first
helps kill the bad beasties and the vinegar creates an inhospitable
enviornment for them to live in. (See, a use for distilled vinegar).
It may well be that urine does something similar.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net