[Sca-cooks] Summer starts WHEN?

Craig Jones & Melissa Hicks meliora at asiaonline.net.au
Wed Jun 6 01:16:01 PDT 2001

Maire,

I'm culturally challenged too which is why I listed Celsius only.

If the following site is to be believed, -6 Celsius is approx 21 degrees
Fahrenheit.

http://www.athena.ivv.nasa.gov/curric/weather/convert.html

As Glenda stated I live in Canberra.  Approx 300 kilometres inland.
Realistically I live 2.5 hours from the beach and 1 hour from the snow
fields in a little planned city of 300,000 occupants.

Canberra gets a few extremes in weather - warm at day and cold at night. Not
as extreme as the desert but a 15 to 20 degree (Celsius) difference between
day and night temps (summer and winter) are considered quite usual.  and
just to make the Sydneyites jealous - we haven't had any rain since Easter
either.  Bright sunny cloudless blue skies every day - its just a tad cool.

Anyway this has nothing to do with cooking or the study I need to do for my
next Uni exam - so I'll run away now.

Mel.