[Sca-cooks] Iceland & Scotland - what to get?

Thu Jun 7 06:21:18 PDT 2001

U.S. Customs is a part of the Treasury Department and enforces the laws on
tariffs and illegal importations.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture is the one which handles food products
and communicable diseases in animals.  USDA is the one that would prohibit,
under their administrative and regulatory authority, the importation and
sale of foodstuffs and livestock that might spread hoof and mouth disease.

The USDA rulings on imports would be enforced by Agricultural Inspectors and
Customs Officers working together, as the Customs Service has the right of
search and seizure without warrant and the Ag Inspectors can identify the
banned products.

Bear